Thursday, September 15, 2011

Candidates Without Borders

This evening, driving out to ShopRite for cat food, I was surprised to see lawn signs for First Ward candidates John Musall and Geeta Cheddie along Harry Howard Avenue, across from Hudson High School, deep in the Fifth Ward. This struck me as odd since, on my many walks with William around the First Ward, I haven't noticed any lawn signs, or window signs either, for the husband-wife, supervisor-alderman team on their home turf.


When I made the right turn onto Joslen Boulevard, which put me in Greenport, I was equally surprised to see two signs for Republican mayoral candidate William Hallenbeck along the side of the road.


Displaying a lawn sign usually indicates support for a candidate, but curiously these people can't vote for the candidates whose signs adorn their lawns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment