In the latter part of the 19th century, this shop--535 Warren Street--was Hannah's Jewelry Store. It was the first shop in Hudson to display and sell Hudson River School paintings.
Wallace W. Hannah, the owner of the jewelry store, was a financial supporter of Henry Ary. He lived in the Italian villa at 39 South Fifth Street. The house had been built sometime between 1845 and 1850, and Hannah purchased it in the 1870s.
Hannah built several of the houses along the curve of South Fifth Street and on East Allen Street and is credited with developing this part of Hudson.