Thursday, August 2, 2012

Toxic Fire in West Ghent

WAMC is reporting this morning about a fire last night at TCI Industries, a company in West Ghent that dismantles transformers. The fire, which started at 10:30 p.m., forced residents living within a half mile of the facility to evacuate their homes and take shelter in the Chatham Firehouse. People in the towns of Nassau, Schodack, and Stephenstown have been advised to stay indoors with all windows closed and all air conditioners and devices that draw air from the outside turned off.

John Mason has the story in the Register-Star: "Area evacuated due to TCI fire in West Ghent."

Photograph is from WAMC website

No comments:

Post a Comment