Saturday, October 27, 2012

Hudson in 1905: Part 61

The following is an excerpt from the booklet Illustrated Hudson, N.Y., published in 1905.

CHARLES S. ROGERS--Wholesale Grocer. No. 743 and 745 Columbia street. Mr. Rogers enjoys the enviable reputation of possessing the oldest and largest wholesale grocery house in the city of Hudson, having been in successful operation for fifty years and more. There is no doubt as to the prestige that he has acquired in this long period, for he supplies all the dealers, both in the city and the surrounding towns. He carries a large and extensive line of heavy and fancy groceries, including the best brands of teas and coffees, spices, canned and bottled goods of all descriptions, country produce, flours and all other goods that a first-class wholesale grocery house is supposed to carry in stock. In addition to these regular goods, Mr. Rogers also deals in straw and manilla wrapping paper and paper bags, together with a full line of liquors, also for the wholesale trade of the house. The premises occupied are most ample in proportions, consisting of a three-story building, with warehouses and storage sheds, and accommodations for the teams of all out-of-town customers. It necessitates the employment of some ten men and the use of two wagons for the delivery of orders. Mr. Rogers is a man of the finest and most upright business integrity and is assured of the confidence of his numerous customers. He is a native of Hudson.

Establishment of  C. S. Rogers, Wholesale Grocer, from Illustrated Hudson, N.Y.
743-745 Columbia Street today--Hudson River Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment