HUDSON CITY BREWING COMPANY--Brewers of Lager Beer, Ale, and Porter. Established half a century and more ago as the Granger Brewing Company, the business was incorporated under the present title the first of May this year, with Otto Schauble as manager. The institution has kept pace with the city, and throughout its successful history has built up a patronage to such an extent that its product is shipped throughout the greater section of the Eastern States, and its beverages are considered as pleasant a drink as is produced by any of the brewing concerns in the country. The facilities of the plant are of such proportions as to enable them to accommodate the demands made upon them, the plant covering over an acre in extent, whose numerous buildings are continually being enlarged. Their new process for making Lager Beer has recently been installed, and the quality is such that the plant is taxed to its utmost to handle the demands of the trade. The force employed are mostly all men who are past masters at the art of brewing, and bend every effort to keep up the high standing of the company's different products. The main office of the company is located at the brewery, and has both the H. R. and Col. Phones No. 36.
|Hudson City Brewing Company from Illustrated Hudson, N.Y.|
|1888 map showing the location of Granger & Gregg Brewery|
|Site of Hudson City Brewing Company today--Bliss Towers|