Things were different a hundred years ago. On June 17, 1914, the migration of two small deer was reported on the front page of the Hudson Evening Register and also in the Catskill Mail.
The "Moore property" and the "Collier yard" were both on the south side of East Allen Street--421 and 427 respectively. Mrs. Lucius Moore and James C. Moore lived at 421 East Allen Street, and Fred J. Collier had his law office at 427 East Allen Street. Simpsonville was a neighborhood of houses along Power Avenue. The "Scovill yard on Second street" was at 29 South Second.
|Power Avenue and Simpsonville in the 1960s--Evelyn & Robert Monthie Slide Collection, Columbia County Historical Society|