Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Polls Don't Open Until Noon

This morning, at sometime between 7 and 7:30 a.m., as I was walking Joey through Washington Square Park (by the courthouse), someone stopped his car along West Court Street, rolled down the window, and called out to me, "Where do we vote today?" He was too far away for me to recognize who it was, so I asked, as poll workers do, "Where do you live?" He told me and then said, "I usually vote at St. Mary's, but it's closed." To which I responded, "The polls don't open until noon."

Heading west on Allen, I witnessed someone try the door at St. Mary's. Visibly puzzled, he got back in his car and drove off before I was close enough to yell, "The polls don't open until noon."

So, dear readers, I remind you all: The polls don't open until noon, and they stay open until 9 p.m. If you don't know your polling site, click here to find out.
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK

Graphic: Peter Allen|syracuse.com

No comments:

Post a Comment