Saturday, June 18, 2016

We Love a Parade! (Maybe "We" Should Be "I")

This year, because the parade was to be a bit different, organized by OutHudson instead of the Hudson Pride Foundation, or maybe because (can it be?) I am now a septuagenarian, I decided the Gossips presence in the parade would be a bit different. Instead of riding perched on the back of a vintage black convertible, I would drive the Gossipsmobile, tricked out with rainbow flags and rainbow balloons and the familiar Gossips banners Lisa Durfee created back in 2012, with my trusty canine companion, Joey, by my side. So, that's what we did.

Here's Joey and me, in the Gossipsmobile, waiting for the parade to begin. (We were so honored. The mayor herself took this picture! Note the ear trumpet lying on the dashboard.)


And here's the Gossipsmobile at the end of the parade.

Photo: Richelle Martin
When it was all over, and we were back home where it was cool and quiet, Joey informed me that if I wanted a dog to ride beside me in a parade again, he intended to hire a body double. Maybe one of the guys on the Spotty Dog float.

Facebook|Spotty Dog
Thank you to all the Gossips readers who were at the parade today, cheering and calling out greetings. You are the greatest!
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment