Friday, March 31, 2017

You Might as Well Feel as if It's Spring

At the dismal end of winter, when you're tired of all your cold weather clothes and need something to enliven whatever you plan to wear to the Hudson Children's Book Festival Literacy Fund cocktail party on Saturday night, stop by the Hudson Opera House and pick up a new scarf or shawl. From 4 to 6 p.m. in the West Room at 327 Warren Street, Fayal Greene will be selling a collection of scarves and shawls, with all proceeds going to Hudson Hall at the historic Hudson Opera House. 


Greene says of the collection and the sale:
I worked with textiles most of my career, advising designers, writing about their products and seeing the developing textile production in India, Nepal and Cambodia. I lived in Europe, where I bought, or often was given, scarves and shawls of great beauty and luxury. Some I wore, others I just admired and put away.
I’ve realized that I had more of these wondrous things than I can possibly wear. I think others might enjoy the look and feel of silks from Hermes, Gucci, and Balinese and Cambodian dyers; fine wool, cashmere and pashmina from France, Nepal and India; cotton sarongs by Ungaro and Asian weavers. . . .
I invite you to come to the West Room of the Opera House on April 1 from 4:00 to 6:00, for a glass of wine or soda, to see the scarves and shawls. I will speak a little about their history. They will be for sale, and if you choose to buy anything, the entire price will be a donation to the Opera House, tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. 
The scarf sale coordinates nicely with the cocktail party up the street. The scarf sale, which takes place at 327 Warren Street, is from 4 to 6 p.m.; the cocktail party, which takes place at Stair Galleries, 549 Warren Street, is from 5 to 7 p.m. You can do both and support two worthy causes. 
COPYRIGHT 2017 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment