|Photo: Albert Gnidica|
|Photo: Sarah Sterling|
The criteria for applying are introduced with this statement: "The City of Hudson grants financial assistance to events that have an impact on the economic & social fabric of Our City. So, no matter how small or large, if your event has a positive effect on the whole City of Hudson, we encourage you to apply!"
Applicants for funding must be city residents, and events cannot charge admission fees. A mass gathering permit is required before applying for funding. Applications must include the event budget (income and expenses), and funded events are required to submit a post-event report. The application must address the following questions:
- Why do you think the City should sponsor your event?
- What does your event contribute to the city?
- How will you let people know about your event?
- Who else is helping to fund your event?
- Have you produced events in the past?
- Based on your previous events, or your projections for the event you are planning, can you estimate the size of your audience?
COPYRIGHT 2018 CAROLE OSTERINK