Thursday, June 28, 2018

There's Still Time to Get There

Today at 6 p.m., there is a screening at the Hudson Area Library of Odds Against Tomorrow, the memorable 1959 film noir that features Hudson as its central setting.

The event is part of the History Room's Local History Speaker Series and features, following the screening of the film (which runs for about an hour and forty minutes), a discussion with documentary film maker David McDonald. McDonald has this to say about the film and how became interested in it: "Apparently, tons of people in the town of Hudson had served as extras in the movie or played a part in the production . . . so I got it into my head to do a short video about [people's] memories of the event. To do so, I thought I should sit through the old movie, and when I did so, I was gobsmacked. That movie, all about the price of intolerance, was a relevant for today's world as it had been in 1959. I was hooked." The trailer for McDonald's video--a "film-about-a film"--will be shown after the movie.

The screening is open to the public. A donation is suggested. Snacks and refreshments will be available at a cash bar. 

The library is located at 51 North Fifth Street.
COPYRIGHT 2018 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment