Monday, March 4, 2019

A Primary Choice

First Ward alderman Rob Bujan just made the following announcement.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the challenges of my time serving on the Common Council in Hudson. My work as the Finance Committee Chair and as an active member of both the Fire and Police committees has given me the opportunity to shape and advance resolutions and laws for the betterment of the City as a whole. I spent the last couple of weeks considering my experience as an Alderman and the options available to me to increase my contribution to our civic well-being, where I could add the most value to the efforts of Hudson to grow and prosper.
With that, I have made a decision to run for Common Council President.
The City and Council can be assured I will keep focused on the issues at hand in my current role, as Alderman of the First Ward, and no matter the outcome, my level of involvement and attention to detail towards the City will not change.
As one knows, NY State changed election laws for 2019 and one of them was to move the primary date from September to June. That means, not only me, but all local elected officials will be working hard to gather petitions by the deadline at the end of this month.
I look forward to the opportunity to meet residents in other wards as we petition and move into the campaign.
In the meanwhile, be on the lookout for me and my petitioning team as we gather signatures for the primary.

No comments:

Post a Comment