With frost warnings now a regularly occurring thing, autumn is definitely upon us. In the week preceding Indigenous People's Day, a.k.a. Columbus Day, here is what's happening on the meeting front.
COPYRIGHT 2022 CAROLE OSTERINK
- On Monday, October 3, the Housing Trust Fund Board meets at 6:00 p.m. The meeting takes place in person only, presumably at City Hall.
- On Tuesday, October 4, the Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6:00 p.m. This meeting, too, is in person only and takes place at City Hall.
- On Wednesday, October 5, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) meets at 9:30 a.m. At its last meeting, the IDA adopted its new guidelines for evaluating projects that apply for financial benefits, so presumably the moratorium on reviewing hotel projects has ended. If that's the case, the IDA will resume its review of the application for Hudson Public, the hotel the Galvan Foundation plans to development at Fourth and Warren streets, which was granted site plan approval by the Planning Board last week. The meeting is a hybrid, taking place in person at 1 City Centre, Suite 301, and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Wednesday, October 5, the Common Council Legal Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. The word is that the issue of a sidewalk law/policy has been moved from the ad hoc sidewalk committee to the Legal Committee, so it is likely the discussion of sidewalks will be taken up at this meeting. The meeting is a hybrid, taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- On Thursday, October 6, Mayor Kamal Johnson holds a public hearing at 4:00 p.m. on a number of amendments to local laws, all of which are described here, and on the local law extending the lodging tax. The hearing takes place in person only at City Hall.
- Also on Thursday, October 6, the Common Council ad hoc committee dedicated to the issue of solving the problem of trucks passing through the city meets at 6:00 p.m. The meeting is a hybrid, taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.