- The City of Hudson will receive $45,000 to update the Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan "to address climate change and sea level rise, as well as current planning and potential new projects."
- Historic Hudson will receive $487,000 For Phase III of the restoration of the Dr. Oliver Bronson House.
- Hudson Development Corporation will receive $14,000 for something called the Hudson History Project to provide visitors "with a mechanism to engage with Hudson's past, present, and future by providing self-guided walking tours that highlight historic, cultural, and environmental assets via well-catalogued, beautifully photographed, and narrated pathways through history to present day."
- The Hudson Opera House will receive $49,500 to hire a full-time, permanent Director of Development and Marketing.
- Hawthorne Valley Association will receive $600,000 for its Farm Enterprise Expansion project, which earlier information indicated involved "the acquisition, renovation, and equipment outfitting of a 10,000-square-foot facility for sauerkraut production" in the Second Ward.
You can review the entire list here. The grants for projects in Columbia County begin on page 83.
Just a reminder: The $500,000 Restore NY grant being sought for the Dunn building is part of a different process. It is expected that those awards should be announced soon as well.
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK