Saturday, March 27, 2010

Flag Day 2009

I found in my files these pictures from last year's Flag Day parade and couldn't resist sharing them. The first picture shows the City of Hudson Common Council, aboard a replica of the first ship built in Hudson. (The original ship was built in 1785, the replica was constructed in 1985 for Hudson's Bicentennial--and yes, those are Henry Hudson ruffs that many of the aldermen are wearing.) The second picture shows the Columbia County Board of Supervisors, who may want to rethink their form of conveyance for this year's parade.


2 comments:

  1. I took those pictures! What a town! --pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry I didn't credit you, Peter! I found them but couldn't remember who'd sent them to me. It's clear I didn't take them myself. I'm on the ship with my ruff and the Quadricentennial flag!

    ReplyDelete