- On Monday, October 21, the Board of Estimate and Apportionment has a tentatively scheduled budget workshop at 2:30 p.m. at City Hall.
- On Tuesday, October 22, the DRI (Downtown Revitalization Initiative) Committee is tentatively scheduled to meet at City Hall at 2:30 p.m. At its last meeting, the committee selected the team of firms that will pursue the DRI connectivity project. The two remaining projects--the Dunn warehouse and the historic fishing village (a.k.a. the Furgary Boat Club of "the Shacks")--may be topics of conversation at the upcoming meeting.
- Also on Tuesday, October 22, the Tourism Board meets at 5:30 p.m. at 1 North Front Street. At its last meeting, the Tourism Board decided that individual members of the board would have one-to-one conversations with aldermen to explain their reasons for selecting Chandlerthinks and their goal in engaging the firm. (At its August meeting, the Common Council refused to pass a resolution authorizing entering into a contract with Chandlerthinks.) There was also talk of inviting Steve Chandler to make a presentation to the Common Council or possibly getting the PowerPoint presentation he made to the Tourism Board to share with the Council. It is expected that an update on these efforts may be provided at the meeting on Tuesday.
- On Wednesday, October 23, the Common Council Legal Committee meets at 6:15 p.m. at City Hall. At the last meeting of the Legal Committee, pursuing the creation of a sidewalk improvement district was put on hold awaiting "a plan for the entire city" and "protocols" coming out of the DRI connectivity project. It is expected the committee will continue its discussion of a law to restrict the development and operation of short-term rentals booked through such platforms as Airbnb.
- On Friday, October 25, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. at City Hall.
- Also on Friday, October 25, the Board of Estimate and Apportionment has another budget workshop tentatively scheduled for 2:30 p.m. at City Hall.
Sunday, October 20, 2019
Meetings of Interest in the Week Ahead
Except for Tuesday, the weather forecast for the week ahead is mostly "Mostly sunny," and the schedule of meetings for the week is comparatively light--Tuesday and Friday being the only days with more than one meeting going on.