This is the Cornelius H. Evans House, 412-416 Warren Street--another building significant to Hudson history that is owned by the Galvan Group.
Cornelius H. Evans (1841-1902) was the owner of the C. H. Evans Brewing Company, in its time (1786-1920) one of Hudson's major industries. Evans was a trustee of the Hudson City Savings Institution and a director of the National Hudson City Bank and was twice elected mayor of Hudson, serving from 1872 to 1874 and again from 1876 to 1878.
He was also the benefactor of C. H. Evans Hook & Ladder Company. The firehouse he endowed is now owned, appropriately, by a descendant and namesake of Cornelius Evans, Neil Evans, and is the site of Spotty Dog Books & Ale, where you can drink Evans ale brewed at the revived C. H. Brewing Company at the Albany Pump Station--established in 1999 by Neil Evans.
The Cornelius H. Evans House was built in 1861. The house remained in the Evans family until 1941. In 1946, it was purchased by Congregation Anshe Emeth and used as a Jewish community center until 1970. After being a private residence for a short time in the 1970s, it became an apartment building and remains so today. The major change to the building since it was purchased by the Galvan Group was removing the paint from the brick and sandstone.
In 1974, the house was individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places.