Saturday, May 15, 2010

Getting on the Bandwagon

In a letter to the editor in this morning's Register-Star, Vince Wallace recommends voting for Carrie Haddad for HCSD Board of Education. I don't always agree with Wallace, but in this I do. Of the five candidates, Carrie is far and away the best choice.

Here's Carrie's statement about why she's running:
I'm running for the BOE because I care about kids. I want them to be as well prepared as possible to face the world ahead of them. I am running because I care about teachers and their jobs. I care because I live here, I work here, and I pay my taxes here. Let's find a way to give our children an excellent education without raising taxes. I need your vote so I can to do my best for the Hudson City School District and all of the communities it serves.
The sentence that resonates most with me is: "Let's find a way to give our children an excellent education without raising taxes." In the opinion of many, we've been spending too much on an educational system that has been delivering too little for too many of the children of Hudson. We need another voice on the school board to deliver that message and a creative and resourceful mind to focus on finding a solution.

Voting--on the proposed budget, on a proposition to spend $6 million to replace the roof on the high school, as well as for BOE candidates--takes place on Tuesday, May 18. Polls are open from noon until 9 p.m. The polling place for all Hudsonians is John L. Edwards School, 360 State Street (behind the library).

No comments:

Post a Comment