Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Dog Tales: Moving Up

Five years ago today, on June 19, 2014, my dog Joey was surrendered to a shelter in Brooklyn. His age was given as five. When I adopted Joey in December 2014, I decided the day of his surrender would be his "moving up" day--the day he becomes a year older. So today we celebrate his becoming ten years old by sharing these amazing pictures of my beautiful dog, taken by Judy Curran.





On Monday, Joey had a photo shoot with Curran for her project Hudson Gone to the Dogs, portraits of the rescue dogs of Hudson. With infinite patience and bits of mozzarella cheese, Curran managed to get my skittish dog to sit still for a few good shots, but sadly Joey is not likely to make it into the book, because his fear and uncertainty about being in a strange setting, and his confusion about not being allowed to lean against his human's leg, show in his eyes. Still, I love these pictures of Joey and admire Curran's skill, and I look forward to seeing the completed book, Hudson Gone to the Dogs.
COPYRIGHT 2019 CAROLE OSTERINK

6 comments:

  1. What wonderful doggypics WOOF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy "Moving Up" day Joey! Your portraits are beautiful, so handsome! However, you always look more comfortable and natural, standing or sitting next to Carole.
    I hope you get cake and ice cream on your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I think they’re beautiful. Who did he get to do his hair and nails?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice smile,Joey! And happy whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you look into his eyes it feels like you are looking into his soul. I think the photos of Joey are magical. Happy "Moving Up Day Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete