Presidents Day Weekend is now behind us. Here is what we can look forward to in the week ahead.
- On Tuesday, February 22, Hudson Development Corporation (HDC) meets at noon. The agenda for the meeting is sure to include an update on the closing of the sale of the Kaz site and a continuation of HDC's discussion of how to reimagine itself. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 22, Mayor Kamal Johnson and The Spark of Hudson hold a community conversation about improvements that might be made to Charles Williams Park. The event takes place on Zoom. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, February 23, the Common Council ad hoc committee dedicated to Properties meets at 5:00 p.m. It will be interesting to learn the makeup of the new committee and if any progress has been made since the last meeting of this committee on the sale of 429 Warren Street, the former location of the office of City Court and the Code Enforcement Office. The meeting will take place on Zoom. The link to the meeting should be published on the City of Hudson website sometime on Wednesday. Scroll down to the calendar.
Update: This week's meeting of the ad hoc Properties committee has been canceled, as has the meeting for next month.
- Also on Wednesday, February 23, a new ad hoc committee dedicated to Technology meets for the first time at 6:30 p.m. It's just a guess, but one of the issues taken up by the committee may be perfecting a hybrid form of meetings in City Hall that allows residents to join meetings remotely after the post-pandemic return to in-person public meetings. The committee meeting will take place on Zoom. The Zoom link should be published on the City of Hudson website prior to the start of the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- On Thursday, February 24, the Common Council Legal Committee holds a special meeting at 6:00 p.m. The purpose of the special meeting has not been revealed, but there has been some hint that it may be the issue of adjusting ward boundaries in response to the 2020 census. The meeting takes place on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting.
|Map: Steve Dunn|
- On Friday, February 25, the Historic Preservation Commission meets at 10:00 a.m. The agenda for the meeting includes a presentation by Arterial on proposed streetscape enhancements below Second Street as part of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative and a public hearing on proposed alterations to 9 Rossman Avenue. The changes to 9 Rossman Avenue involve constructing an addition to house an elevator and altering the facade by moving the front door. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
at tonight's meeting regarding redistricting, I incorrectly referenced the next Legal Committee meeting as occurring on Tuesday. The next meeting of the Legal Committee is on Wednesday, March 2nd. Please post this so that your readers will be aware of the correct day/date. I apologize for the confusion.
Margaret Morris, 1st Ward Alderperson