W. A. Harder office building on Warren street, sold to Joseph Shiner, of New York.
Peter Pappas, proprietor New York Candy Store here, purchased confectionery store in Plattsburgh. [The New York Candy Store was located at 407 Warren Street, where The Cascades is today.]
M. J. Eaton sold to Patrick Hector property 206-8 State street, known as Thomas Collins estate, and owned by Mrs. M. E. Cummings, of New York.
Mrs. Mary Sullivan's building moved from new High school site to place below orphan asylum property. [In 1913, the orphan asylum was located at 400 State Street and had been since 1881. Whether "below" means farther down the street or back behind is not clear.]
Mrs. Netty Thompson made many improvements to property on Columbia street. [Mrs. Nettie Thompson lived at 927 Columbia Street.]
Joseph F. Orris disposed of tobacco store at 711 Warren street, to Adolph J. Weldinger.
Frank K. Walsh, of Hudson, opened grocery store at Lake Charlotte.
Crescent Garage, Warren and Eighth streets, repainted and improved considerably. [The Crescent Garage was located at 752 Warren Street, the future location of Hudson Anchor.]
L. Rosenfeld, the tailor, removed his business from 240 Warren Street to the opposite side of the street in the store formerly occupied by C. J. Diestel, the optometrist, who removed uptown. [C. J. Diestel's office was located at 227 Warren Street, where Bruno's is today.]
Hudson Ice company, of 104 Fulton street, organized.
Henry Drumm, of Hudson, purchased harness business of H. M. Demarest, at Mellenville.
Leander H. Weaver completed numerous repairs to his down-town planning mill. [Leander Weaver had a lumber and planing mill on Water Street.]
Three students, John J. Harlow, Paul J. Delaney and Mary A. King, graduated from St. Mary's academy.
Twenty-eight received diplomas from Hudson High school, largest of graduation classes in school's history. The graduates were: Winifred Bugel, Hazel Drumm, Mabel Holden Earle, Margaret E. Shook, Allen Rifenburgh Simmons, Jessie E. Williams, Alethe Holsapple, Anna Elizabeth Denegar, Elizabeth Draffin, Anna S. Eckstein, Edward D. FitzGerald, Ethel M. Fleahman, Pearl A. Heath, Carrie Winslow, Freeman Boice, William F. Crofts, Jr., Isabel Collins, Bernard C. Decker, Clara Fasake, Philip Frienberg, Helen Gertrude Hake, Harold Macy, Katharine Agnes Milham, Everette J. Raynor, Christine Swain, Mina Helena Van Woert, Jennie Van Alstyne, Albertina Hover Miller.
Sheriff Storm put "lid" on Sunday base ball here.
Movement started to establish a Greek Catholic church here.
Two cottages and new school building begun by Berrigan Contracting company, of Little Falls, at New York State Training school here.
Charles H. Becker sold to John Gaghardy, property on Fulton street, just below Winstain's [sic] factory. [Meyer Weinstian, who was a tailor, lived at 15 Fulton, but the Hudson city directory for 1912 offers no help in locating "Winstain's factory."]
Mrs. Anna Matthews opened beauty culture parloir [sic] at 528 Warren street.
Brick house at 343 Diamond street, purchased by Morris & Edias Solomon, painters.
Chester place on Union street, below City Hall place, purchased by Levine & Christiana, carpenters.
Grossman & Carter enlarged and remodeled their confectionery store on lower Warren street. [Grossman & Carter was located at 15 Warren Street, which was one of these building demolished during Urban Renewal.]
William H. Broderick made numerous improvements to the Albany hotel. [The Albany Hotel was located at 28 South Front Street, now a vacant lot.]
Attempt begun to revive boxing in Hudson by the Hudson A. C.
Patrick McDonald began remodeling property in Union street, the former Guernesy residence. [Lorenzo C. Guernesy, of Guernesy & Terry, lived at 547 Union Street.]
Douglas H. Weaver, of Glenco, began erection of residence on Green street.
Many fire escapes placed on buildings about the city.
Director's apartment annexed to Hudson River Trust company's building. [The Hudson River Trust building is what is now City Hall. One wonders what part of the building was the director's apartment.]
Mayor Van Hoesen vetoed resolution changing name of Front street to Broadway.
James McClure property at 228 Allen street, sold by Mrs. Thomas Buckley to Abe and Louis Gold.
Several building lots on Farrand tract in Fifth ward purchased.
Dr. Carleton Harris opened office of dentistry on Warren street.