Once upon a time--from 1869 until about 1936--this amazing building stood at 231 Warren Street.
It was built, in 1869, as Hudson River National Bank. In 1907, the bank moved to its new building at 520 Warren Street, now City Hall, and this building became the Elks Lodge.
Today, Gossips had the good fortune of receiving digitized copies of two picture post cards-- one mailed in 1911, the other in 1914--that show the building during the time it was the Elks Lodge.
Thanks to Chip Keil, who owns the post cards, and Joe Herwick for sharing them with Gossips.
Post a Comment