In 1918, Hudson's power came from a hydroelectric plant that harnessed the waterfall on Kinderhook Creek at Stuyvesant Falls. The plant was built in 1901 by the Albany & Hudson Railroad and Power Company, which had been chartered in 1899. It generated power to run the electric railroad between Hudson and Albany, as well as supplying electricity to the surrounding area.
|Photo: Upstate Earth|
|Photo: Albany Engineerring Corporation|
In 2009, Albany Engineering Corporation rehabilitated the plant and is once again using the falls at Stuyvesant to generate electricity.
|Photo: Albany Engineering Corporation|