Tra la! It's May! And here's what's happening in the first week of this lusty month.
- On Monday, May 3, the Tourism Board meets at 7:00 p.m. The link here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Tuesday, May 4, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) meets at 1:00 p.m. On the agenda, along with other things, are the PILOT (payment in lieu of taxes) requests for 75 North Seventh and 708 State Street, the two apartment buildings being proposed by the Galvan Foundation for the area of the city they are calling the "Depot District." Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 4, the Planning Board holds a special meeting to continue its consideration of Colarusso's applications for special use permits. The board is expected to review its responses on Part 2 of the Full Environmental Assessment Form (FEAF) and begin its consideration of Part 3: Evaluation of the Magnitude and Importance of Project Impacts and Determination of Significance. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, May 5, the subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissions meets at 6:00 p.m. At the last meeting of the committee, which can be viewed here, Quintin Cross reported on a survey of HHA tenants being conducted by Hudson/Catskill Housing Coalition. At this week's meeting, more information about the survey results may be presented, as well as a draft RFQ (request for qualifications) for new development of HHA property. To join the Zoom meeting, click here.
- Also at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 5, the Common Council ad hoc committee taking up the topic of inclusionary zoning holds its second public meeting.
- On Thursday, May 6, Mayor Kamal Johnson holds a public hearing at 4:00 p.m. on the proposed law creating the position of a Fair Housing Officer for Hudson. To review the law, which was passed by the Common Council on April 20, click here. To join the public hearing on Zoom, click here.
- Also on Thursday, May 6, the Conservation Advisory Council holds its monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.