Mayor Kamal Johnson made the following announcement on Facebook today.
Construction begins next week on Promenade Hill Park
Extensive renovations include:
- Accessible plaza, seating areas, water fountain, play area, parking lot, and upper promenade
- Redesigned open plaza, with open and flexible lawn areas
- Amphitheater stone seating blocks
- Spray shower and play area improvements
- Added seating
- Shade trees and native understory plantings.
The park will be closed starting next week during construction.
This project is made possible by funds from the Downtown Revitalization Initiative, H. van Ameringen Foundation, and Colarusso Family.