As we learned last week, this week sees the commencement of work on the renovation of the entrance to Promenade Hill.
- On Monday, May 10, the Tourism Board holds a special meeting at 5:00 p.m. At the board's last meeting, it was announced that Ivy Dane, the board's newest member, would be making a report on the board's financial situation--that is, how much money is left for them to dispense. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 5:45 p.m. on Monday, May 10, the Common Council holds a special meeting to consider a resolution to authorize a contract for the docks at Henry Hudson Riverfront Park. The resolution is not yet available on the City of Hudson website, so the entity named in the contract is not as yet known. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Monday, May 10, the Common Council holds its monthly informal meeting at 6:00 p.m. No agenda for the meeting has yet been published, but the link to the Zoom meeting has. Click here to access the meeting.
- On Tuesday, May 11, Hudson Community Development and Planning Agency (HCDPA) meets at noon. No agenda for the meeting has been published. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 11, the Planning Board holds its regular monthly meeting. On the agenda is the continuation of the public hearings on Verizon's proposal to site communications antennas on 119 Columbia Street and the Galvan Foundation's proposal to construct two apartment buildings on North Seventh Street. There will also be a public hearing on the proposal to subdivide the property at 522 Union Street, separating the accessory building on Cherry Alley from the rest of the parcel. New on the agenda is a proposal from PBF Hudson LLC (PBF stands for Pocketbook Factory) for a "mixed-use redevelopment project including a 40-room hotel, retail, office, and gallery spaces." Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, May 12, the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners meets at 6:00 p.m. An update on the board's progress in drafting an RFQ (request for qualifications) for new development HHA plans to undertake is expected at this meeting, as well as a report on the results from a tenants' survey about redevelopment conducted in collaboration with the Hudson/Catskill Housing Coalition. For the link to the meeting, go to the HHA website and scroll down to "HHA Board Meeting Times."
- On Thursday, May 13, there are no meetings, and the weather forecast predicts the day will be "mostly sunny." Take advantage of the night off and the good weather, and dine out.
- On Friday, May 14, the Historic Preservation Commission meets at 10:00 a.m. Before the HPC is the proposal from the Galvan Foundation to replace the windows at 400 State Street, a subject Gossips posted about most recently here. To join the Zoom meeting, click here.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK