We've turned the corner. The weather this week promises to be consistently warm and summerlike, but the Zoom meetings go on. Here's what's happening this week.
- Today, Monday, May 17, the Hendrick Hudson DAR Speaker Series presents "Women's History and Historic House Museums." The talk by Patricia West McKay begins at 2:30 p.m. Click here for more information and to register.
- At 5:00 p.m. on Monday, May 17, the Tourism Board holds a special meeting. The subject of the meeting is not known--at least, not known to Gossips. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Tuesday, May 18, the Hudson City School District holds its budget vote and school board election from noon until 9:00 p.m. The polling place for Hudson is the Central Fire Station at 71 North Seventh Street. Click here for information about the vote. For information published by HCSD, click here.
- At 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) holds a special meeting at which the Galvan Foundation will present its application for PILOTs (payment in lieu of taxes) for the buildings proposed for the Depot District with all the modifications to the proposal that have been made to the project since the application was originally submitted. At this meeting, the public hearing on the proposed PILOTs will be scheduled. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Tuesday, May 18, the Common Council ad hoc committee tasked with drafting legislation to address the maintenance and repair of sidewalks meets at 5:30 p.m. The link to the meeting will be published on the City of Hudson website sometime tomorrow.
- At 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 18, the Common Council holds its regular monthly meeting. Two issues that will be decided by the Council at this meeting are: (1) how to proceed with licensing of the docks at Henry Hudson Waterfront Park for the 2021 season; and (2) whether to accept $100,000 from the Galvan Foundation to pursue a feasibility study on relocating City Hall to 400 State Street, or to authorize bonding for $475,000 to make 520 Warren Street, the current location of City Hall, ADA compliant. The link to the Zoom meeting will be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
- On Wednesday, May 19, the Tenant Relations Subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners meets at 6:00 p.m. The subcommittee will be discussing the data collected in a survey of tenants conducted by the Hudson/Catskill Housing Coalition and how it will be used in HHA's development planning. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Thursday, May 20, the Common Council ad hoc committee dealing with overnight alternate side of the street parking meets at 6:00 p.m. The link to the meeting will be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting.
COPYRIGHT 2012 CAROLE OSTERINK