In the week leading up of Memorial Day, here's what's happening in Hudson.
- Today, Monday, May 24, the Tourism Board holds a special meeting at 5:00 p.m. It is not clear what is on the agenda, but the storm of discontent over the concrete barriers on Warren Street may be part of the discussion. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also today, Monday, May 24, the Common Council holds a special meeting at 7:00 p.m. to settle the issue of the dock license for 2021. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Tuesday, May 25, the Hudson Development Corporation (HDC) Board of Directors meets at noon. No agenda for the meeting has yet been made available, but there is always the chance there will be an update on the disposition of the Kaz site, a.k.a. the Montgomery Street property. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Wednesday, May 26, the Upstreet Farmers Market begins its season in Seventh Street Park. The market is open from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. every Wednesday through October.
- Also on Wednesday, May 26, the Common Council ad hoc committee formerly tasked with selling City-owned properties and now re-imagined as the "Real Estate Committee" meets at 5:00 p.m. The link to join the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 26, the tenant relations subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners will hold a meeting for tenants to discuss the redevelopment of HHA properties. The meeting, which is for tenants of Bliss Towers, will take place in the Community Room at Bliss Towers. A Zoom link has been provided. Click here.
- Also on Wednesday, May 26, the Common Council ad hoc committee pursuing the development of a pollinator friendly solar farm on City-owned property on north of Charles Williams Park meets at 6:15 p.m. The link to join the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
|Photo: Cypress Creek Renewables|
- Thursday, May 27, is property assessment Grievance Day. Here is the information that appears on the city calendar.
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Assessment Review for the City of Hudson will meet to hear and examine all property filed complaints in relation to assessments of Real Property by ZOOM during the hours of 3:30PM-8PM on May 27, 2021. A publication containing procedures for contesting an assessment is available at Columbia County Real Property Tax Office as well as online at: http:// www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/publications/orpts/grievancebooklet.pdf.
Although the notice says the BAR will be hearing complaints in a Zoom meeting, no Zoom link has been provided.
- On Friday, May 28, the Historic Preservation Commission meets at 10:00 a.m. It is not known what will be on the agenda. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.