Friday, April 28, 2017

Parking Ticket Challenges

Now that the Hudson Police Department has moved from 427 Warren Street to 701 Union Street, the slot at the police station where you could pay a parking fine, at any hour of the day or night, is no longer available. There is now a drop box for paying parking fines, with cash, check, or money order, in the lobby of City Hall, 520 Warren Street, which can be accessed only during the hours that City Hall is open. You can also mail a check or money order to: Hudson City Parking Bureau, City Hall, 520 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534.

The simplest and easiest way to pay a fine, provided that you are willing to pay the extra $3.50 for the convenience and peace of mind that comes with knowing you have paid your fine promptly and won't end up owning $55.00 instead of $15.00, is online at www.parkingticketpayment.com/hudsonny. There you can pay with plastic or PayPal and know immediately that the payment has been received and all is well.

So yesterday morning, when I discovered to my dismay that I had foolishly left the Gossipsmobile on the wrong side of the street overnight and I had a ticket, I decided to pay the fine immediately online. Alas, I was frustrated in that effort. After I entered the ticket number, state in which the car is registered, and plate number, the system informed me that the City of Hudson had not yet made my ticket available for payment. Today, 27 hours after my first attempt and 33 hours after the ticket was issued, it's still not available.
COPYRIGHT 2017 CAROLE OSTERINK

5 comments:

  1. Having spent hours of my young life and thousands of dollars, paying parking fines, fighting parking tickets, and retrieving towed cars in NYC, I still consider a ticket in Hudson worthy of framing it's so damn easy and cheap. I even like the new quarters, on the 2nd floor of City Hall, just down the hall from the City Council President and the Mayor. You don't get that kind of one-stop shopping in Gotham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard one frustrated person today say she has tried to pay her ticket three times to no avail. First at the new police station where she was told to go to the old court office in 400 block. Two visits there to find it closed both times. Then about to try online. Didn't hear the result but no doubt frustrated there too. Tomorrow I can tell her to go to City Hall. Life is not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Peter for the most part. Having said that, I maintain that parking tickets are unconstitutional since they assume guilt before innocence and failure to pay can have monumental consequences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can contest the ticket, right? Or plead by paying. So passes muster I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excessive too many tickets being written Hudson should find a new way to support the town

    ReplyDelete