Earlier today, Gossips reported the good news that Friends of the Public Square (FOPS) had been awarded a $500,000 grant to finance Phase I of the rejuvenation of Seventh Street Park--new paving, new seating, new signage, new lighting, new landscaping. That was just one of the projects in Columbia that was funded in Round 13 of the state's Regional Economic Development Council CFA (Consolidated Funding Application) process. The total of $5.6 million went to projects in Columbia County. Here are the projects of greatest to Gossips readers.
- Hudson Hall received $70,650 in Market New York funds to produce and promote next year's Hudson Jazz Festival.
- Hudson Athens Lighthouse Preservation Society received a $500,000 EPF (Environmental Protection Fund) grant to repair and restore the underwater foundation of the lighthouse.
- Union Street Brewing Co. received a $48,625 Craft Beverage Micro Grant to expand its operation.
- Montgomery Street Projects LLC received a $1,526,168 Carbon Neutral Community Economic Development Grant from NYSERDA to develop the former Kaz warehouse site as an arts and food hub.
- Art Omi received $2 million in Market New York funds for a major capital project that will include eighteen pavilions anchored by a visitors center.