Tuesday, January 17, 2017

A Confession and a Recommendation

This is embarrassing. Gossips has published numerous posts over the years about the overnight parking rules in Hudson. People often contact Gossips when they have questions about overnight parking. So imagine my surprise and embarrassment when Joey and I piled into the Gossipsmobile early Sunday morning for a trip to the Germantown dog park, and, while we waited for the defroster to melt the ice on the windshield, I spotted a parking ticket tucked under the windshield wiper.

It wasn't that I thought Martin Luther King Day was on Sunday instead of Monday. I simply lost my grip on odd and even dates over the weekend. Examining the ticket, I briefly--ever so briefly--entertained the notion of protesting it because there is no street in Hudson called "Allen Ave." and hence I could not have been parked on the wrong side of a nonexistent street. But this morning, lest I put it off and forget about it, I paid the fine online. It was simple and convenient. I could even make the payment with PayPal. Yes, there was a $3.50 charge for "handling," but I considered it $3.50 well spent since it eliminated the possibility of forgetting about the ticket and ending up owing $55.00. I recommend online payment to any other unfortunate recipients of parking tickets.
COPYRIGHT 2017 CAROLE OSTERINK

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I complained about giving tickets on Sundays. I thought the idea was for the street cleaning, which isn't done on weekends. Seems a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $3.50 is a bit of a rip off for online payments even thru PayPal. At most they charge 2.5% for a transaction. That suggests that the city pays roughly $0.37 for a $15 parking ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Allen Avenue? ... would have been more fun to fight the system ... get used to it!

    ReplyDelete