It's reported in this morning's Register-Star
that the project to restore the Washington Hose Firehouse for use by the Hudson Development Corporation and the Columbia County Chamber of Commerce has received the funding it needed from the Empire Zone. The article also reports that Peter Markou has given up on the notion of HDC owning the property for the unusual reason that the deed which transferred the land on which the building sits from the Proprietors to the City of Hudson in 1795 cannot be found. What remains is for the Common Council to appropriate $50,000 from the city budget to the project.
Post a Comment