Monday, March 21, 2022

And to Think I Saw It on Union Street

This afternoon, a tour bus tried to make a right turn off Union Street onto Fourth Street. With cars parked on both sides of the street, the bus got itself wedged into the space between, not able to move forward without hitting a parked car. 

Coming from the opposite direction and wanting to turn onto Fourth Street myself, I waited patiently just behind the crosswalk for the situation to resolve itself. After a car passed me on the left, even though I had my left turn signal on, and it appeared the bus driver was going to attempt to back up onto Union Street, I decided it was time to get my little car out of there, even though curiosity made me want to stay to the end.
 
And we thought trucks straying off the truck route was a big problem.
COPYRIGHT 2022 CAROLE OSTERINK

3 comments:

  1. Carole,

    I believe that is the prison work bus contracted through Yankee Trails. They transport prisoners to off site supervised jobs during the week. Its been going on a long time. Usually they come across 7th and down Union then left down hill to prison and return several times a day. Maybe the driver wanted to go over to Columbia and back out of town via the truck route. Nothing prohibits buses on other streets.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that explains it. I always see the bus coming out of East Court Street and turning onto Union and wondered if the bus was turning off 9G onto Power Avenue instead of entering the city on Third Street, and all the time it was coming from the prison.

      Delete