Friday, September 2, 2022

Whodathunkit?

This evening, a reader informed me that Rivertown Lodge has on its Specialty Cocktails menu a drink called "Gossips of Rivertown." The first ingredient of this potable is Dorothy Parker Gin. 


I don't know what the inspiration for this drink was--this blog or Alice B. Neal's 1848 novel. It could be either or both or neither--it is after all Rivertown Lodge. I'd like to imagine though that Gossips had some influence. My informant tells me it is a good drink.
COPYRIGHT 2022 CAROLE OSTERINK

2 comments:

  1. Carole, my gut tells me it has something to do with you. And, not to be partial, among the choices, Gossips cocktail sounds the best to me. I like my cocktails less fruit forward and this one hits the spot. You should stop in and introduce yourself! 🌞

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon after I published this post, Ray Pirkle from Rivertown Lodge confirmed that the cocktail was named for this blog. I'll be stopping in to sample it this Friday.

      Delete