Monday, April 15, 2024

Sunday at St. Mary's

Tonight, the Hudson Police Department issued the following press release regarding the incident that took place (and Gossips reported) on Sunday morning at St. Mary's Church:
On Monday, April 15, 2024, the Hudson City Police Department arrested Cameron A. Jamieson, 47, of Hillsdale, New York, pursuant to an active Felony Arrest Warrant issued by the City of Hudson Court. Jamieson faces one count of Making a Terroristic Threat, classified as a class D felony. 
The events leading to Jamieson's arrest unfolded on April 14, 2024, at approximately 9:38 a.m., when the Hudson Police Department received multiple calls from members of St. Mary’s Church reporting an emergency situation involving an unidentified individual within the premises. Witnesses recounted that an individual donning a mask and a long black cloak disrupted the Sunday mass service by shouting "All hail" towards the congregation and church officials. This individual proceeded to advance towards the church's front altar, brandishing a glass bottle raised above his head. Prompt action by several church members resulted in the apprehension and detainment of the individual before law enforcement arrived at the scene. Jamieson was subsequently handed over to HPD custody. The alarming nature of Jamieson's conduct left many congregants fearful and apprehensive, with concerns raised about the potential presence of an explosive device or firearm. Following his apprehension, HPD transported Jamieson to Columbia Memorial Hospital for a mental health evaluation. 
Following his discharge from the hospital, Jamieson was taken into custody by HPD and transported for processing and arraignment. Jamieson appeared before Judge Roberts in Hudson City Court for arraignment, where he was remanded to Columbia County Jail in lieu of $3,000 cash or bond. The case against Jamieson is scheduled to be revisited in Hudson City Court on April 16, 2024, at 9 a.m. 
"We empathize with the members of our community impacted by this incident. We recognize the distress it has caused and are dedicated to swiftly addressing their concerns. We extend our sincere gratitude to the church members for their quick thinking and bravery in stepping in to assist before law enforcement arrived. Rest assured, we are committed to providing a swift and thorough response to ensure the security of all residents. There will be an increased police presence near St. Mary's Church to offer reassurance and support during this time of heightened concern."  --Chief M. Franklin
Also tonight, Father Anthony Barratt, the pastor at St. Mary's, made a statement about the incident on Facebook. That statement can be heard here.

No comments:

Post a Comment