Tuesday, October 2, 2018

You Can Please Some of the People

Last week, in a "Micropolitan Diary" entry, I recalled a parking lot encounter I'd had that morning, which began with a woman asking me, "Are you the one who runs her mouth about things that happen in Hudson?" Today, on the op-ed page of the Register-Star, what I do received some very heartwarming validation. A "My View" by Michael Saltz, entitled "A Small Story," which explores the controversies and unanswered questions surrounding the proposed development of a gas station at the corner of Route 23 and Craryville Road, concludes with this paragraph:


Thank you, Michael Saltz. You made my day!
COPYRIGHT 2018 CAROLE OSTERINK

8 comments:

  1. Carol, you're very welcome. Unhappily, I've learned a lot from you over the years. Or, to put it another way, it's terrible that there are so many things to be unhappy about. Development throughout the region seems to be full of conflicts of interest and questionable dealings. Regardless, I've been a pretty devoted reader for a few years. I hope we get a chance to meet one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, now that you have two very long My Views in the RS under your belt, I think you should introduce yourself; especially, tell us how you get so much ink in the Register Star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the RS has published 4 columns of mine so far. I was invited to submit pieces to the paper, initially by the publisher. Usually they publish a one-line bio at the bottom of the column that was omitted this time. It says something to the effect that I am a retired, long-time Senior Producer of what is now the PBS NewsHour. I was with the program from its inception as the Robert MacNeil Report in the mid '70s until 2009.

      Delete
    2. Cool. Love to tell you about our junior journalism project in the Hudson elementary school. peter@schoollifemedia.org

      Delete
  3. Amen. Gossips is an indispensable treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your contribution to keeping the citizenry apprised of current events and "ancient history" of Hudson is invaluable, and much appreciated. If providing the latest news is "running your mouth," then please, keep doing so. We love it.

    ReplyDelete