Friday, November 20, 2015

A Different City, A Different Tall Garage

In September, the Historic Preservation Commission granted a certificate of appropriateness to the plan to turn a little garage situated between two 19th-century houses on upper Warren Street into a a building twice its height.



Recently, a reader gave me an article clipped from the August issue of New York Magazine which was all about a similarly heightened garage in a suburb of Syracuse, set in the midst of early 20th-century Dutch Colonial clapboard houses.


You can read article about the building, designed by architect Jon Lott and dubbed Haffenden House, and see pictures of the interior here.
COPYRIGHT 2015 CAROLE OSTERINK

3 comments:

  1. I guess I can thank my lucky stars I'm not in Syracuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smacks more of a spite structure than a remote comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smacks more of a spite structure than a remote comparison

    ReplyDelete