We are a group of students participating in the Hudson City School District Summer Boost Up Academy. With the help of Peter Meyer of School Life Media, we are learning what a journalist does and how to write a story for a publication. Our first story involves the history of Hudson. We are looking for answers to the following questions:
- Were there ever any movies filmed in Hudson?
- Are there any people born/raised in Hudson who became famous?
- What were the schools like in the past?
- Why is the Hudson City School District's mascot a Blue Hawk?
- Were different neighborhoods (within Hudson) established by ethnicity, during the early 1900s?
- How was Hudson involved in the Underground Railroad?
- How and when was Hudson founded?
- Are there any historic buildings in Hudson that have been demolished? (Photos appreciated.)
- What is Promenade Park?
- Who were the first settlers in Hudson? When was it founded?
- Why are there whale pictures all over Hudson?
There's a very good chance Gossips readers know the answers to these questions. In fact, the answers to many of them can be found in Gossips posts. If you are willing to help the students out, you email your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. The information you provide will be read by the students.