- On Monday, February 25, the Common Council Fire Committee meets at 5:30 p.m. and the Police Committee meets at 6:00 p.m. Both meetings take place at City Hall. No agenda is available for either meeting.
- On Tuesday, February 26, there are two meetings happening almost simultaneously at 1 North Front Street. At 5:30 p.m., the Tourism Board will hold its meeting upstairs, around the conference table once used by HDC and HCDPA. If memory serves, there are just enough chairs around that table for the eight members of the Tourism Board, so it's unclear how members of the public will be accommodated, and it's certain members of the public will show up for the meeting. The board is expected to discuss the eight proposals received in response to an RFP (request for proposals) for professional assistance in developing "a competitive identity, brand strategy, and marketing strategy" for Hudson--a goal that some in the community consider inappropriate and indeed absurd.
- Also on Tuesday, February 26, in the conference room downstairs at 1 North Front Street, the Hudson Development Corporation board will hold its regular monthly meeting, starting at 6:00 p.m. At its last meeting, on January 29, it was made known that this meeting will be a workshop to define what the board wants to accomplish in 2019.
- On Wednesday, February 27, the Common Council Legal Committee meets at 6:15 p.m. in City Hall. There is no agenda available for this meeting, but at its last meeting the committee took up the issues of sidewalk repair and short-term rentals. It is expected that the discussion of those issues will continue at this month's meeting.
- On Thursday, February 28, Mayor Rick Rector holds a town hall discussion about the "Friendly City" and his first year in office. The conversation takes place from 6:00 to 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Hall, 327 Warren Street.
On Friday, the month of March begins, and the first day of spring will only be nineteen days away.COPYRIGHT 2019 CAROLE OSTERINK