Friday, August 2, 2019

Food News

For carnivores: Earlier this week, the vending machines at Applestone Meat Company, 21 Green Street, were loaded with cuts of meat of all kinds. The vending machines are available all day every day. The customer service window is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day.

For vegetarians: Impossible Foods announced yesterday that the Impossible™ Whopper® will be available at every Burger King location in the United States--presumably including the one in Greenport--starting next Thursday, August 8. The burger in the Impossible™ Whopper® is made entirely from plants. 
COPYRIGHT 2019 CAROLE OSTERINK

3 comments:

  1. "Cheviot Views" posted a comment that I unintentionally deleted. Unfortunately, my messing up was contagious, and when "Cheviot Views" obligingly resubmitted the comment, it was attached to the post of rent stabilization. So, on behalf of "Cheviot Views," I post it here.

    Carole, even if you goof a little, you're still exceptional!!! Who can keep up with you!

    So,I wouldn't be patronizing Applestone, well, EVER... And, I'm not a fast food foodie but I'll make an exception for the Impossible Burger at Burger King. The concept is visionary considering what's before us. Really, eating plant proteins is not such a sacrifice. If my husband can enjoy (Enjoy!?!) any variety of meat alternatives, anybody can.

    Hmm, Europeans have been embracing this (there's been quite a demand) we're a bit behind in the states. I'm guessing it tastes good too!

    I'm sure the naysayers are lining up to comment, so let's go forth shall we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, "Cheviot Views"! You are too kind.

      I don't think I've ever had a real Whopper, but I remember hamburgers fondly, and I will likely be in the queue at Burger King on Thursday, eager to try an Impossible Whopper.

      Delete
  2. I had one of these "Impossibles" at a restaurant (not BK) a couple of months ago. The texture and taste seemed quite beefy, although I haven't had a beef burger since 1971 and my memory may be faulty in that regard.

    ReplyDelete