A reaction to my second COVID shot (Moderna) and a general dearth of news this holiday weekend has kept Gossips fairly silent for the past few days, but now we're back--with a pretty full schedule of meetings ahead and the promise of lots of stuff to write about.
- On Monday, April 5, the Common Council holds a special meeting at 5:00 p.m. to accept a bid from A. Colarusso & Sons for the construction of the redesigned entrance to Promenade Hill and the gift of $650,000 from the H. Van Ameringen Foundation, which will enable the City of afford to implement the redesign as planned. Click here to access the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Monday, April 5, the Tourism Board meets at 7:00 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Tuesday, April 6, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency (IDA) meets at 1:00 p.m. The IDA has been considering the PILOT request for the two apartment buildings proposed by the Galvan Initiatives Foundation for the "Depot District." That consideration is expected to continue at this meeting. Click here to access the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Tuesday, April 6, the Conservation Advisory Council meets at 6:00 p.m. The link to the Zoom meeting has not yet been made available.
- On Wednesday, April 7, the subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority meets at 6:00 p.m. It is not clear if they will be discussing policy, tenant outreach, or development. Click here to join the meeting.
- Also on Wednesday, April 7, at 6:00 p.m., the Common Council ad hoc committee pursuing inclusionary zoning in Hudson holds its first meeting. Aldermen Rebecca Wolff (First Ward) and John Rosenthal (Fourth Ward) have been working on researching this legislation. Inclusionary zoning would set aside a percentage of units in all apartment buildings over a specified size for affordable housing. Hudson already has inclusionary zoning in place for one section of the city--the Riverfront Gateway District, where Hudson Terrace is located. See Chapter 325-17.4 F of the city code. The link to the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- On Friday, April 9, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its first meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting. When it comes to meetings of interest, the HPC meetings never disappoint.