As Hudson explodes with the fresh colors of spring, here are the meetings that will be taking place in the next five days.
- On Monday, April 19, the Tourism Board meets at 5:00 p.m. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Tuesday, April 20, the Common Council ad hoc committee devoted to the improvement of the sidewalks in the city meets at 5:30 p.m. To Gossips' knowledge, the latest version of the law members of the Council have been working on for more than two years now has not yet been made available to the public. What is available on the city website is a version of the law that was posted in June 2019. The link to the Zoom meeting should be posted on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- At 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 20, the Common Council holds its regular monthly meeting. Curiously, the resolution introduced at the informal meeting regarding the Galvan Foundation proposal and its application before the IDA, which was the subject of much discussion then, is not included among the documents on the agenda for Tuesday's meeting, at least not at this time. The link to the Zoom meeting should be available on the City of Hudson website prior to the meeting. Scroll down to the calendar.
- On Wednesday, April 21, the subcommittee of the Hudson Housing Authority Board of Commissioners concerning itself with planning for new development meets at 6:00 p.m. The group is currently surveying HHA tenants to learn what they would like to see happen with HHA properties and drafting an RFQ (request for qualifications) for the project. They are planning to hold a town hall discussion about the project in early May, when they have the results of the survey. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- Also on Wednesday, April 21, at 6:00 p.m., the Zoning Board of Appeals holds its regular monthly meeting. No agenda is available. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.
- On Thursday, April 22, the Tourism Board holds its second "brainstorming session" at 6:00 p.m. The subject of the brainstorming session and previous one held on Tuesday, April 13, is how to activate the pocket parks during "Warren Street Seasonal Usage 2021." Click here to join the session.
- On Friday, April 23, the Historic Preservation Commission holds its second meeting of the month at 10:00 a.m. The meeting will begin with a public hearing on the proposal from the Galvan Initiatives Foundation to replace the windows at 400 State Street with windows that have a nine over nine configuration. More information about the proposal can be found here. To join the Zoom meeting, click here.
Scheduling News for Next Week: The virtual public meeting on the Truck Traffic Route Feasibility Study was announced last week, to take place at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27--the very same day and time as the Planning Board was scheduled to continue its review of Colarusso's applications for conditional use permits. Since then, the conflict of meetings has been resolved. The special Planning Board meeting has been rescheduled to take place on Tuesday, May 4, at 6:00 p.m.
COPYRIGHT 2021 CAROLE OSTERINK