According to this item from the Hudson Daily Register for March 17, 1873, there was a St. Patrick's Day celebration in Hudson 150 years ago that included a service at St. Mary's Church and a procession through the city, involving more than 200 people, organized by the Father Matthew Total Abstinence Society. The Daily Register declared the celebration "highly creditable to our adopted citizens who took part in it."
In 1873, St. Mary's Church, which became familiarly known as the "Irish Church," was located at Third and Montgomery streets.
According to the Hudson city directory for 1873, the Father Matthew Total Abstinence Society met at St. Mary's Hall, which was located at Third and Allen streets.
Post a Comment