Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Twilight Zone of Historic Preservation

Ward Hamilton has published on his blog his own account of what happened at the Historic Preservation Commission meeting on Friday: "On common ground: A successful proposal at the Historic Preservation Commission." As the title suggests, his account differs from mine and Tom Casey's. In a comment on my post about the meeting, Hamilton accuses me of misrepresenting the facts to promote my agenda. I admit to having an agenda. I believe that Eric Galloway is destroying the authentic architectural fabric of Hudson, but I don't need to misrepresent facts to get that point across to my readers. I just have to report what's happening. Tom Casey, reporter for the Register-Star, has no agenda. He's just doing his job. Strange that we should both get what transpired at the HPC meeting wrong, and Hamilton got it right.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Just wow.

    Can't wait to hear if Jack Alvarez feels like Mr. Hamilton has represented his opinion correctly. I think not.

    ReplyDelete