Friday, October 17, 2014

Getting There

Commenting on the candidates seeking to represent the 19th Congressional District, Sam Pratt opined on Facebook, "I am unlikely to vote for the guy who raises doubts about whether he could find Churchtown or Hollowville on a map, even if he is nominally a member of my party." I share this because, as it turns out, I can't find the Churchtown Firehouse on a map!

Relying on Google, I published the wrong address and linked to the wrong map in my earlier posts about tomorrow's presentation about the need for transmission upgrades. I have corrected those errors, but to make sure that you all get there to hear Gidon Eshel report the findings of his study and are not led astray by my previously disseminated misinformation, here are the step-by-step directions for getting from Hudson to the Churchtown Firehouse.

Take Green Street out of Hudson. At the intersection of Green and Route 66, continue straight ahead on Route 23B until you get to the intersection (with a traffic light) in the hamlet of Claverack. Turn right onto Route 9H and continue on, past Coyote Flaco, until you get to County Route 27, which goes off to the left from Route 9H. Continue on 27 toward Churchtown. When you get to the firehouse, you can't miss it. There's even a sign out front that announces "Power Lines Meeting Sat 1."
COPYRIGHT 2014 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment