|Courtesy Columbia County Historical Society|
On March 25, 1916--almost exactly one hundred years ago--an article appeared on the front page of the Hudson Evening Register that reported about a proposed expansion of New York State Training School for Girls twelve years after it was established. The report speaks about the girls who were sent to the training school and the school's mission for them.
The expansion of the Girls Training School also included the acquisition of property: the estate then known as Glenwood and now known as the Dr. Oliver Bronson House.
COPYRIGHT 2016 CAROLE OSTERINK