We're late with our list of meetings for the week. There was a meeting of the Hudson Housing Authority Board scheduled for last night, but because it was the Martin Luther King Day holiday, I don't think the meeting took place. I waited on Zoom until 6:17 p.m. for the meeting to start, and it didn't, so I concluded that it had been canceled.
Here's what is happening for the rest of the week.
- On Tuesday, January 17, the Common Council holds its regular monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. There are several resolutions on the agenda having to do with the sale of three City-owned parcels and the plans to develop affordable housing on these sites. There is also a communication from Mayor Kamal Johnson and Housing Justice Director Michelle Tullo making the case for the development plan and a Unit Summary Table that shows the number, size, income ranges, and rents for the apartments in the proposed development.
- On Wednesday, January 18, the Hudson Industrial Development Agency meets at 9:30 a.m. No agenda for the meeting has yet been made available. The meeting is a hybrid, taking place in person at 1 City Centre, Suite 301, and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- Also on Wednesday, January 18, the Zoning Board of Appeals is scheduled to hold its monthly meeting at 6:00 p.m. The meeting takes place in person only at City Hall.
- On Thursday, January 19, Hudson Community Development and Planning Agency (HCDPA) meets at 4:30 p.m. The meeting is a hybrid, taking place in person at City Hall and on Zoom. Click here to join the meeting remotely.
- At 6:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 19, there is a public hearing at City Hall "for the purpose of hearing public comments on the City of Hudson's funding application for the Kaz Redevelopment Project . . . [which] involves rehabilitation of a vacant industrial site for mixed-use as a cultural and community hub with retail, art, educational, and community spaces." The hearing takes place in person only at City Hall. Written comments about the project can be submitted to Tracy Delaney, City Clerk, 520 Warren Street, Hudson, NY 12534, until Monday, January 23, at 5:00 p.m.
And that's it for the week.
COPYRIGHT 2023 CAROLE OSTERINK