Saturday, December 28, 2013

No Holiday from Tickets

Yesterday, when I saw one of the parking officers walking along Warren Street, I wondered why he and his colleagues hadn't just been given a month's vacation. Parking at meters was free for the month of December. How many chances would they get to issue tickets?

This morning, a reader reported that on Partition Street, which is often treated more like an alley than a street and people tend to be more casual about parking, a parking officer was issuing $15 tickets to cars parked heading in the wrong direction. You can't keep people from doing what it's their job to do.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have a way to fight this if anyone would like to join me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you mean fight tickets in general, or fight the ones on Partition St?

      Delete
    2. Or do I mean to fight taxes in general? (Tickets are a tax.)

      I mean to start small for now, by explaining to the city that it made a mistake in this instance.

      After all, what is the final cost of ambushing otherwise law-abiding residents?

      Delete