Monday, December 16, 2013

Snow Emergency: The Plan and the Execution

At 8:30 a.m., half an hour after, according to the snow emergency parking rules, it is no longer lawful to be parked on the even side of the street, the snow plow comes through to clear the odd side. So I go out and move the car.

No sooner was this accomplished than a snow plow comes through again, this time in the opposite direction (heading west along the south side of the street), making a second pass at the odd side, and my little car is the only one parked in its way.

I stand on my stoop and watch with fear and trembling as the snow plow approaches, head on, and, at what seems like the very last possible moment, swerves to go around the car. I utter a sigh of relief. 

That's enough drama for one day in the Friendly City.
COPYRIGHT 2013 CAROLE OSTERINK

No comments:

Post a Comment