Building on Warren street formerly occupied as a laundry by Willie Law, occupied by Barnett & Co., dry goods merchants, who later removed to store formerly occupied by Baker Shoe company. [In 1912, Baker Shoe Company was located at 305 Warren Street, now the location of Red Chopsticks.]
County lawyers formed a bar association with J. Rider Cady, of Hudson, president. [J. Rider Cady and his partner Ezra Delamater had their law office at 520 Warren Street. Cady's residence was 6 West Court Street.]
Electric lights installed in First M. E. church by A. E. Johnson.
Charles E. Hessenthaler purchased of William Fardy property at 51 Allen Street.
William Seebachs discontinued tonsorial parlor on Columbia Street. [William Seebachs barber shop was located at 719 Columbia Street.]
One of the worst floods of city's history occurred here on March 27 and 28.
Ebenezer Kilmer, of West Taghkanic, purchased of Miss Gretchen Longley, house and lot at 50 Worth avenue.
Frank E. Mesick erected house on Worth avenue, being a one family residence of eleven rooms.
Property on Montgomery street occupied by Thomas Mahar, purchased by George Zappo, from Patrick Burns.
Edward Riley purchased the Cortland billiard parlor on Warren street, for several years conducted by August Schnack. [The billiard parlor--the only one in Hudson at the time--was located at 428 Warren Street, now the location of culture + commerce project.]
Night school at Hudson High school building begun, meeting with excellent success and large attendance.
Wilson inaugurated President of the United States and Marshall vice president.
Improvements made to interior of various hose houses.
John McCoy purchased cigar and tobacco business of Martin Vincent.
New gas mains laid; nine new hydrants placed about city.
Police Sergeant John Cruise sold his residence at 18 Union street to Samuel Ginsberg.
Isadore Goodman bought residence of John Dowling at 249 State street.
|249 and 247 State Street|
Charles Weeks has a new house erected on Clinton street.
Several new bill boards constructed by city, indicating excellent year for Hudson Bill Posting company.
Alderman Thomas Connelly sold property at 247 State street to Michael P. Finn and John Doyle.
William Friss purchased property of Charles Cramer on Columbia street.
Sheriff Robert Storm became owner of the Atkin property at head of Green street, which he put in building lots.
General clean up in city May 9 and 10, was a success.
Sibley company's shops in Gifford-Wood building shut down indefinitely. [By 1915, the ground floor of the Gifford-Wood building was the showroom for William Petry's automobile company.]
Eighteen more cans to receive waste paper and other refuse placed about town.
Levi P. Cooper, of 425 Diamond street, purchased property on North Fifth street of Mr. and Mrs. David Kline.
William Heintzelman purchased of Mary A. Hudson, property corner of Dodge street and Rope alley.
Douglas Hills had old Clapp building on Union street torn down, replacing it with two-family building.
Store formerly occupied by Shaver, the grocer, remodelled by Rose Bresky, owner, then occupied by Columbia Confectionery company. [Minard Shaver's grocery store was located at 37-39 South Third Street.]
Charles Myers occupied place on Columbia street, vacated by Seebachs, barber. Myers conducting a shoe repairing establishment. [Myers opened his shoe repairing establishment at 719 Columbia Street.]
Restaurant of Mrs. Philip Brabender on Warren street enlarged.
William G. Williams began an automobile livery business.
Numerous purchases of building lots on Fairground boulevard took place. Work begin on erection of several residences. [The "Fairground boulevards" are Glenwood, Parkwood, and Oakwood.]
Elks made big hit with their first annual minstrel show.
Addition to Tamarin & Goldstein's furniture manufactory on Cross street.
Tilley & Aldcroft's clothing store had perpendicular light installed thereon.